Friday, March 4, 2011

Alaska Information You Can't Live Without!

Hey there everyone! I thought that I would put up some information about Alaska that I found here in the office today!


First of all I wanted to share with you a TV show called Flying Wild Alaska. A lot of people dont know that Alaska is mostly made up of villages. When they think of Alaska they think of the Cities of Anchorage or Fairbanks and the cruises that happen here. They do not realize that most of it is made up of wild land and small villages. "Flying Wild Alaska features the Tweto family from Unalakleet, Alaska who run the Alaska airline Era Alaska. They operate the hub operations from Unalakleet. It also features other segments from their bases in Barrow, Deadhorse, and others." If you want to get a good view and idea of what Alaska is really like watch this show and see what the pilots and people who live in Alaska have to deal with on an everyday bases.

Also I found this in a paper that was in the office that I thought I would share with you.

Alaska's Biological Diversity.


"Diverse and abundant wildlife are central to Alaska's economy and people. Over 1,00 vertebrate species are found in the state, sometimes in huge numbers.


More that 900,000 caibou roam in 32 herds across vast tundra landscapes.


On the Copper River Delta alone, five to eight million shorebirds stop to forage and rest each spring on their way to artic breeding grounds.


Alaska has 32 species of carnivores, more than any other state.


Most of Alaska's fish and wildlife populations are considered healthy. In the rest of the nation, more that 400 species are listed as threatened or endangered. In Alaska, only 20 species are listed this way."

Hope you enjoyed the information!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Rachel. We can't wait to go there. We talked to some people who used to live there last night and we are so excited.

    ReplyDelete